Performance & Environmentally Friendly CNG
Power For The Heavy Urban Environment
Equally at home on municipal street cleaning or extreme heavy duty work sites the V Range delivers consistently high pick-up performance – even on contractor duties such as road planing and dirt pick-up around construction sites and access roads.
CNG – A Greener Bottom Line
Lower alternative fuel costs and lower incremental maintenance costs can save valuable dollars. Maintenance-free exhaust systems and lower life-cycle costs help green-up your bottom line. Government incentives and Infrastructure Tax Credits may be available to green fleets that can help reduce acquisition costs significantly.
Stainless Steel In My Body!
With a heavy-duty, corrosion-resistant stainless steel body, Johnston’s V Range is robustly built for unrivalled durability. Johnston is the only sweeper manufacturer to offer as standard, “Complete Hopper Constructed of Stainless Steel” and an industry leading warranty.
The single engined V Range utilizes Johnston’s hydrodrive gearbox which provides infinitely variable forward speed control and hydrodynamic braking. The operator can perfectly match the speed to the operation.
Dual Or Single Sweep
Available in dual or single sweep configuration, the maximum 11.8 feet swept path ensures superb coverage per hour – and with high capacity hopper, water systems and fuel tanks, the V Range is designed to stay at work longer.
Mounted to the subframe, the hydraulically operated sweeping system is designed to prolong the life of the brush and reduces the cost of ownership. Both channel and wide-sweep brush installations feature quick-change mechanisms which reduce downtime between changeovers.
All sweeping operations are controlled from the master module inside the cab, while all critical systems controls – including the master circuit breaker plus the valves and auxiliary equipment for the pneumatic, hydraulic and water systems – are housed in a purpose-built, dust and weatherproof locker. The V Range comes with waterproof IP67 automotive electrical connectors to enhance reliability.
Advanced Hopper Design
With many years experience of sweeper design, Johnston have developed a unique system which creates a cyclone effect within the hopper which efficiently filters dust and debris particles through mesh screens prior to discharge to atmosphere. This unique design is a standard feature of all Johnston V sweepers.
Excess Water Discharge
The load de-watering system fitted as standard, enables drainage of water from the waste volume in the hopper.
Cold Weather Protection
The V Range also features a standard Pressadrain™ water purging system that enables the easy removal of water from the systems in freezing overnight conditions.
The V Range comes with an option for a water recirculation system that recycles water from the hopper into the suction nozzle, which conserves water, reduces dust emissions. Water recirculation significantly increases sweeping productivity by allowing greater distances to be swept before the water tank needs to be refilled.
The V Range is also the first manufactured sweeper to achieve full PM10 test compliance in stringent air quality tests on whole vehicle emissions.
VS650 CNG Options
- Littasnatch: Specially developed to pick up light litter from pavements and hedgerows. With a lightweight, easy to operate flexible hose and nozzle, it can reach up to approximately 23 feet.
- Supawash: A high pressure water system for faster cleaning of gulleys and drains using a hose and hand lance. Water can also be diverted to a front-mounted full-width spray bar or suction nozzle to help remove stubborn road debris.
- Powascrub: This wide sweep brush ground pressure device enables the extra scarifaction of compacted debris.
- Load De-Watering: With increases in waste tipping charges, this option ensures that you only pay for waste volume, not unnecessary water volume.
- Rear mesh shakers: A fast and effective method of clearing damp paper and leaves from suction meshes.
- Wanderhose: Available in 8 inch diameter, this rigid, turntable-mounted hose with a flexible extension enables cleaning over a wide 11 foot radius.