Heavy Duty Work Site Power House
Equally at home on municipal street cleansing or heavier duty work sites the V Range delivers consistently high pick-up performance – even on contractor duties such as road planing and dirt pick-up around construction sites and access roads.
Available in dual or single sweep configuration, the maximum 3.6m swept path ensures superb coverage per hour – and with high capacity hoppers, water systems and fuel tanks, the V Range is designed to stay at work for longer.
Mounted to the subframe, the hydraulically operated sweeping system is designed to prolong the life of the brush and reduces the cost of ownership. Both channel and wide-sweep brush installations feature quick-change mechanisms which reduce downtime between changeovers.
All twin -engined VT Range sweepers are powered by a dedicated high performance auxiliary engine. The single engined VS Range utilises Johnston’s hydrodrive gearbox which provides infinitely variable forward speed control.
With a heavy-duty, corrosion-resistant stainless steel body, Johnston’s V Range is robustly built for unrivalled durability.
Stainless Steel In My Body!
With a heavy-duty, corrosion-resistant stainless steel body, Johnston’s V Range is robustly built for unrivalled durability. Johnston is the only sweeper manufacturer to offer as standard, “Complete Hopper Constructed of Stainless Steel” and an industry leading warranty.
All sweeping operations are controlled from the master module inside the cab, while all critical systems controls – including the master circuit breaker plus the valves and auxiliary equipment for the pneumatic, hydraulic and water systems – are housed in a purpose-built, dust and weatherproof locker. The V Range also comes with waterproof IP67 automotive electrical connectors to enhance reliability.
Advanced Hopper Design
With many years experience of sweeper hopper design coupled with scientific research, Johnston have developed a unique hopper void which creates a cyclone effect within the hopper for the most efficient filtering of dust and debris particles prior to discharge to atmosphere through filter mesh screens. This unique design is a standard feature of all Johnston V sweepers.
The rear discharge chute directs loads away from the rear of the vehicle, minimising the risk of damage to lamps and other components. The standard load de-watering system allows draining of water from the waste volume. The V Range also features a standard Pressadrain water purging system that enables the easy removal of water from the systems in freezing overnight conditions.
The V Range comes with an optional water recirculation system that recycles excess water in the body space into the suction nozzle. This conserves water, reduces dust emissions and extends on-station time. The V Range is also the first European-manufactured machine to achieve full PM10 test compliance in stringent air quality tests on whole vehicle emissions. There is even an option of a high power auxiliary engine (supplied as standard on VT800) which further reduces emissions.
- Littasnatch: Specially developed to pick up light litter from pavements and hedgerows. With a lightweight, easy to operate flexible hose and nozzle, it can reach up to approximately 23 feet.
- Supawash: A high pressure water system for faster cleaning of gulleys and drains using a hose and hand lance. Water can also be diverted to a front-mounted full-width spray bar or suction nozzle to help remove stubborn road debris.
- Powascrub: This wide sweep brush ground pressure device enables the extra scarifaction of compacted debris.
- Load De-Watering: With increases in waste tipping charges, this option ensures that you only pay for waste volume, not unnecessary water volume.
- Rear mesh shakers: A fast and effective method of clearing damp paper and leaves from suction meshes.
- Wanderhose: Available in 8 inch diameter, this rigid, turntable-mounted hose with a flexible extension enables cleaning over a wide 11 foot radius.